Sunday, August 24, 2008

Obession

I want all my readers to know that The Ball Incident took place several years ago. In the winter of 2001 actually. When my daughter graduated and came home from college she met The DICKWEED, so don't cheer me on too much because I stood by off and on for five years and did nothing about that situation.

This was a guy who on the first impression was, "Oh wow, clean cut, handsome, manners, ...ut oh...police officer!" That was the red flag! He was one arrogant SOB when you really got to know him. He was also a control freak and although he never laid a hand on my daughter he mentally and emotionally abused her. They moved in together after dating for about 6 months. Things started getting very ugly. She ended up with no friends, and he monitored her every move. After a year her dad and I rented a U-Haul truck and called her and said, "We are coming over now to load up your stuff. Start packing," and that is what we did. DICKWEED was there when we arrived and on the way over my daughter called me back and said, "Just don't start anything with him. The more you say the worse it will be." So I bit my tongue (till it just about bled) and did not say a word. We brought her back home with us and watched how he continued to control her from afar. She actually got counseling, but because she was in denial, it did no good. The day after she moved out, another girl moved in. See DICKWEED always had some poor unsuspecting naive girl out there hanging on a string.

She kept seeing him off and on for five years. OBSESSION!!!
Finally all hell broke loose when he was seriously involved with my daughter and living with another. They found out about each other. This time my daughter crashed and burned. You see he was so good at pretending...a real sociopath. So you may ask why didn't her father and I kick his ass or ruin his life?
#1- he had more weapons than we did (remember he is a police officer) and I was always afraid he would turn his anger on my daughter by using one of his many guns
#2 - My daughter and I fought constantly about DICKWEED and I had to just leave it alone if I wanted any kind of relationship with her
#3 - I just kept praying that she would see the light... sooner than later!

What I really do not understand is why do I see other young women meet decent men, marry and have a nice life. What is it about my daughter that makes her pick the idiot every time?
I asked her the other day, "How's it going with Dickweed Jr?" (the stupid guy with the crazy ex-girlfriend) and she tells me, "Well I know it's not gonna go anywhere." THEN MEET SOMEBODY ELSE DAMMIT!!! Why does she waste her time with dumb asses?

1 comment:

Miss Caught Up said...

That is life's greatest mysteries.