Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick...boom!



Free Clipart



I find myself in that state of unease again worrying about ... what else ... my daughter.
She bought her first house two years ago when the real estate market was booming. She saved money for a down payment and once she moved in she painted all the rooms and re-did the kitchen. She has spent quite a bit of time making the house her own with her unique personal touches. Now she knew when she bought it she would have to have a roommate. The first roommate was a girl from the mountains of VA. She accepted a teaching position here in Hampton Roads and stayed through the mid part of last summer. The roommate she has now is really great. It is actually a very good friend of hers. She has been offered a job in Charlotte, NC so she gave her 60 day's notice last week. Now here we go again looking for another roommate. If it was just the roommate situation I wouldn't have all this anxiety. You see, we live inland from most of Hampton Roads. The inner cities of VA Beach, Chesapeake and Norfolk are across the water, a distance of 30-45 miles. Not many people want to live in Suffolk and drive across the water to work anymore with the way gas prices are now. My daughter is seriously considering trying to find another job with a larger base pay, renting out the house and moving in closer to the coast. So I am telling her, "One thing at a time." Find a roommate first, start looking for another job and be realistic that in this economy it will take you some time to find a better job and then decide what to do about the house." She tells me that her gas bill for the month is almost like having another mortgage payment, so I can understand her dilemma; that and the fact that when she bought the house she was more settled then, than she is now. She was sill seeing DICKWEED and really thought she had a future with him. Now she is restless and just does not know what to do with herself, but she knows she needs a change.

I woke up this morning with that sick feeling in my stomach again.



1 comment:

Who the 7734 am I? said...

I know everything will work out fine. :)
Just wanted to say "thanks alot" for the reassurance that we never stop worrying about our children.
I sometimes feel l ike my teenagers just don't need me anymore. I guess it's just in a different way.
And thanks alot for letting me know that there will always be a DICKWEED around our little girls....