Monday, August 4, 2008

Un-Typical Monday


I had a very nice birthday weekend. My husband and I enjoyed a romantic dinner for two at our favorite restaurant. We only go there once or twice a year and as always it was worth it. The next day my daughter took us to a movie and out to eat. It was nice that she could spare a few minutes of her time for her old parents. She met us at the theater and as always barely made it in time for the movies to start. My daughter is the type of person that if you say, "Be there at 4:00", you know she will be running late. I learned a long time ago to tell her to be somewhere 30-60 minutes early...I think she is catching on.

I was sitting here at my desk taking a break from working on reports all morning when I had a knock on my office door. It was the delivery guy from Edible Arrangements. The note card said, "A little something sweet to help continue wishing you a happy birthday, Love Kristen." That is my daughter too, she does the unexpected and has a very generous heart. What I appreciate about her the most is her generosity and her loyalty. No matter how much we bicker about the stupid men in her life I know that she loves me and will be there for me when I need her to be.

No comments: