Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ch, Ch, Changes...







My daughter has decided to move back across the water. I actually think it is a good idea. Her drive into work is costing more than 400.00 dollars a month now with gas the way it is. She has always enjoyed big cities and so she is looking at Downtown Norfolk and the surrounding area. I grew up in Downtown Norfolk, but of course it is much different than it was when I was a kid. The revitalization of the area has been costly but the majority of blight is gone and in its place is new restaurants, shops, clubs, five star hotels, coffee houses, condos, townhouses and high rise apartments. It's kinda the yuppie place to be. It would fit her perfectly.

So what will she do with the house? Rent it out, after all Hampton Roads has several army bases, two naval bases and two Air force Bases. I would hope there is a nice service family out there looking for a friendly neighborhood with a good house. She can hang onto the house for several more years and make a profit once real estate starts selling again. In the meantime I have to get use to more changes. Until the house is rented out and she has found another place to live there will probably be quite a bit of upheaval in our lives. At my age I should be use to changes, but I have discovered that the older I get the more I hate them. With my daughter nothing ever stays the same. I am also beginning to realize that is another fact of life. I have seen her go through many transitions especially since college. It is hard for young people today to find a good job and make it on their own. She has done pretty good so far but it has been a struggle at times. Her father and I keep praying that while she is out there kissing all the frogs one of them will turn out to be a prince.
She is still dating the idiot and I have nicknamed him Dickweed Jr. The pyscho ex-girlfriend was after them all weekend. Why does she put up with this crap? I just don't get it!




1 comment:

ABrushWithHumor said...

Dickweed Jr! That's funny. It's my favorite tag for 40% of the male population... LOL!
Nothinglikeit!