Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy 53




I drove into Norfolk today to visit my parents. Norfolk is only about 30 miles from where I live, just over the Elizabeth River on the other side of Hampton Roads...closer to the ocean front. I do not see them as often as I should but I try to wipe away those twinges of guilt when I start thinking about it. My father is 91 and my mom is 88. I have been very lucky to have them this long and everyday they are still here is a blessing.


I have a birthday tomorrow; my 53rd. It would be nice if I could live to see my 80's and have a sharp mind and a body that still functions well. It would also be nice to have a grandchild or two. Don't see that happening as long as my daughter keeps dating ASSholes.
The idiot she is hung up on now is another Player. Still the same guy from the last couple of weeks. The problem is that he believes he has her all wrapped up. Once a guy like that thinks he has the girl, he starts treating her differently. My daughter is not good at playing games. She has always been the type of person who puts her feelings out there, and in the past has "worn her heart on her sleeve...now she is trying another type of strategy, one that she is very unfamiliar with. The "Let me play hard to get and pretend I don't care for you as much as you think I do" tactic. I keep telling her, "Quit worrying about him and go out with someone else." Stupid remark to make because at this point she won't listen to any common sense...especially from me. I told her the other day I was considering putting her profile on E Harmony or Match. She was insulted of course and replied that she would never lower herself to online dating. "What the hell is the difference between meeting guys online and meeting them at clubs?" I asked. "They all seem to be ASSholes!!!"



4 comments:

neferiti said...

Happy Birthday! YOU Look Marvelous!

The cup is half full of something I don't like said...

Hannity is all about the ratings. Let him know enough of us want to see him in the wet diaper and he'll probably do it.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Happy Birthday Les. May you have many more fruitful birthdays to come. Regarding your daughter, young people always have minds of their own and it is really very hard to counsel them as to the right course of action they should take. We also did not listen much to what our own parents said about relationships. Prayer will do a lot of good for both of you. Thanks for the post. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Les. My grandmother is 88 and still strong. She still cooks for us. And most of the times I wish I could live as long . How beautiful it will be seeing your children grow up, finish college, get a good job, have their own family and you playing with your grandchildren!
Just bloghopping! ;o)

abelle of Only in Silence