Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wise Up

My daughter keeps telling me..."Mom I'm not stupid." I keep saying back to her, "Duh....It took you five years to get rid of Dickweed, I hope you are no longer stupid!"

She is out tonight taking care of a situation. The situation being the new date from the other night that has the psycho ex-girlfriend. The psycho ex-girlfriend who sends my daughter text messages in the middle of the night telling her to stay away from new date. I am starting to believe there is no psycho ex-girlfriend, just a psycho still girlfriend. I'm thinking he is playing the psycho girlfriend and my daughter.

See the real liars and manipulators know how to play the game. Everyone just has a different game plan. Seems this one's strategy is to be the good friend and confidant and just when he knows the time is right he makes that move to "I feel more for you than just friendship".

My daughter and I had a nice chat last night over dinner. I do believe she has grown stronger from going through five years of mental and emotional abuse at the hands of a master. I also know her better than anyone on this earth, and she is not a cold hearted person. She always wants to believe in people and not think unkindly of them. When she realizes someone is not the person she thought they were it really devastates her. Unlike me who does not have as much faith in human nature and tend to be more cold hearted. I have wiped several people out of my life with a snap of my fingers and the statement, "You are dead to me." I tend to be a little unforgiving, especially when it comes to betrayal. That is the hard harded gene I inherited from my father. The older I get, I grow more like him. Not a good thing. When I was growing up my dad was not really a happy man. He drank too much and fought with my mom and I was always in the middle. As he grew older he drank more and became very bitter about life. It has only been within the last 10 years or so that he has mellowed out some, after all he has lived so far to be 91 what should he be bitter about now?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was nieve once. Trough out the years I figured out mom was right! It took me getting hurt a lot to figure those lessons out. I am still figuring some out right now. I was a lot like your daughter but after being hurt repeatidly I grew rather cold and hardened myself to the world! I am sure she will be ok! Sometimes us young ones have to learn for ourselves and make mistakes doing just that;-)

neferiti said...

This “New Date” sounds like a real PLAYER! You know the type of guy who knows how to make each woman he is with feel that she’s that special one and the only special someone in his life, but at the same time keep her of balance. This type of guy will lie to each of these women and tell them that he is not involved her with the other woman because of (fill in the blank) and therefore this other woman is the one lying!

Along with this type of guy come the stories about how he has been mistreated by women. Stories so convincing that you will you ignore your own internal red flags to console him. The Player often breaks up and get back together so frequently that it is hard to keep track who he is dating and when he is dating the other woman. Basically, he uses manipulation to control the women in his life.


Your daughter is better off not having a guy like that around. When the time is right she will find someone who tempermant is more suited for her.


I really enjoy reading your experiences. It got me thinking about future blogs!