Friday, July 25, 2008

How Selfish Am I?




This is why I worry? My daughter is a beautiful young woman, and beautiful young women are always taken advantage of.

Shooting Star is right when she said, "Sometimes us young ones have to learn for ourselves and make mistakes doing just that." Just how many mistakes do you have to make before you get it right?

I was married very young. I had just turned 18 and I knew a good thing when I saw it. He was six years older than me, a college graduate, and had hair on his chest! You must remember this was a time when we wore bell bottom jeans, and platform shoes. Check out the pic on the right.
Oftentimes my daughter will say to me, "You do not know what its like because you have been married to dad forever." True to a certain extent. I have observed and been involved with my friends and family members throughout the years as they have gone through bad dating experiences, crappy relationships, and nasty divorces. I have cried with them, cussed with them, and helped them think of the worse possible vengeance on earth. There were even times when I have spied for them and been the go-between.
In 2002 my best friend found out her husband of twenty-five years was living a double life. How messed up is that? I can not begin to tell you of the raw emotions I witnessed and also felt myself. I knew this man she was married to or... so like her I thought I did. I watched her whole life being destroyed and could do nothing to help her.
"I know what people are capable of". That is the answer I give to my daughter when she starts with the ...well you just don't understand BS.
I just want my daughter to be happy. When she is happy, I am happy. Is that so selfish?
By the way, the new date, got him figured out already. He wants to have a pyscho ex-girlfriend. The idea is she keeps him from dating anyone for too long (just what he wants) and that way he can be a secret player. Just what he wants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the way you write! plus i love the bright and happy colors on your blog! keep posting
very interesting!