Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Answer the Dammed Phone

I call my daughter between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m. every day on her drive home from work just to say hello and ask her how her day has been. Sometimes when I get ready to call, my cell rings and it is her actually calling me. What I hate are those times I call and she is on the line. I hang up, call back 10 or 15 minutes later and she is still on the phone. She knows it's me, she doesn't switch over, just keeps yaking away knowing I am getting impatient. Maybe because she knows it's me and that is the reason she doesn't answer. This is probably true. Lately she hasn't wanted to talk to me much. She knows I don't care for the way she handled new date. I should also know by now that the more negative comments I make about a guy, especially if he is a real ASShole, the more she will defend him. I have never quite understood this phenomenon and I've taken pysch 101! When she was involved with DICKWEED I learned as time went by to just bite my tongue...It's a wonder I have a tongue left considering all the years she wasted with him. Did she hear me throughout any of those years? I believe she did, and now of course she knows I was right, as was all of her friends and anyone else who cared for her . Denial is a terrible thing, it makes you blind and defiant to the truth. In this case the truth being that her good nature is winning over her common sense...once again! At least she is not in love with this guy. She is not sitting around waiting for him, but she gave him the benefit of doubt...still wants to believe he is a decent guy, with a pyscho ex-girlfriend that just can't get involved right now. HA HA! She is going to stay friends with this guy? Why am I not surprised? Time will tell, and in the meantime I guess I will have to start biting my tongue again.

1 comment:

Marcus The Great said...

I laughed when I read this. I think in some cases us kids r just like that with our parents. My mom warned me about the girl whose breaking my heart. be patient with us we cant make it without you