Saturday, October 25, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

I have come to the conclusion that all young men today are pigs...unless proven otherwise. Oh I know there have to be some good guys out there somewhere, but they must be in hiding. I have also come to the conclusion that most likely my daughter will never get married and I am destined to have a pug for a grandchild. Not that I do not love the pug that I have custody of now. Mia is a very sweet little dog. Still a human grandchild would be preferable.
There is just something about young people today that I just don't get!!! The saddest thing of all is I can remember my mother and grandmother saying the same dammed thing about my generation. Still and all, it's just a different world today. Young men and women tend to be very self-absorbed and obsessed with one thing or another. I look at my daughter and wonder where in the hell did we go wrong! We never spoiled her with material things, she went to work at 15 and I picked her up everyday after school and took her to a job where she did hard heavy labor. A little 96 pound girl working at a nursery lifting 50-70 pound pots of plants. She worked hard and kept that job all throughout high school and even worked there her first summer back home from college. She struggled financially that first year in college and worked on campus and even in the evenings working tables at a local diner in the town of Bowling Green, KY. She worked all the way through up until her senior year when things became tougher and she really had no spare time to work. Kristen does not mind hard work and she has always appreciated what she has worked so hard to earn.
Her biggest problem in life is her
poor choices in men. I thought after five years of DICKWEED that she would know what to do when the red flags went up. It's like ignoring the warning flags on the beach when there is a storm and bad undertows. Do you still jump in and ride the waves that are going to take you under? My daughter does! When will she ever learn?
Well, at least she is moving on. Isn't that what I have wanted her to do since DICKWEED? What is that old saying, "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR." And the other half of that is what you wish for may come back and bite you on the ass!

1 comment:

Melina said...

The thing about each generation thinking the next has gone to shit is SO true. I remember my Grandmother telling my mother that, and then my mother turning right around and telling me. I'm trying really hard not to say it my daughter. Instead I just think it. Really loudly.